Friday 9 March 2007

Retreat to Wales


Every now and then, our little community/team here in Sale Moor take some time out from the every day goings on of the estate in order to collect our thoughts and prepare for the future. Last weekend, we headed to Wales for a much needed retreat. We found a great little converted chapel in Conwy, where we were blessed with sea views to the front and mountains behind. It was great to have the whole Lawrence family with us this time round, offering their encouragement and valuable experience where needed. The retreat centre was aptly titled ‘En Gedi’; a name which reflects the season of new opportunity and other exciting stuff here in Sale Moor. En Gedi is referred to in Ezekiel 47 as the place where the fresh water begins, thus allowing life to flourish and flow. A refreshing weekend indeed!

If you would like to see more pictures, click on a slideshow image then select 'Retreat' file. x

2 comments:

The Cornells said...

Hey guys! Nice to see your blog up and running and good to hear from you the other day! We must catch up properly soon! Will be in touch loves James, Jenny & Evie x

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mark and Hazel! Tanks for sending us the link. This is great! I'm glad you are getting some time out to relax as I know you are both very busy. Roy and I are happy and busy. We had a brief visit with Andre last weekend. He was doing well despite hating the mustache that he had to grow for his current acting part! (I liked it!) I have been thoroughly enjoying my two art classes. I am taking a glass class and Introduction to Sculpture. I have been learning how to oxy-acetylene weld, sand-blast and have worked with clay, cement and will be doing a bronze later in the term--very exciting. It's a loooong commute to the college but worth it once I'm there--two days a week.
We have got my new office up and running and I'm having an office warming wine and cheese party in a few days. Wish you could come! I'm also busy with Quaker activities, planning for the next Quarterly Meeting and attending Board meetings for our beautiful Quaker Center in the redwooded Santa Cruz mountains.
Lots of love to you both and a very belated happy birthday, Mark,
Sue